Shady Side Academy employs two full-time Certified Athletic Trainers (ATCs), and SSA is a clinical site for the Duquesne University School of Health Sciences Athletic Training Program. 学生运动教练从杜肯协助九游会真人的团队在九游会真人自己的认证运动教练的指导下.
In 2020, SSA获颁“全国运动训练师协会安全体校第二团体奖”，以表扬其对保障青少年运动员安全所作出的贡献.
All SSA students who participate in interscholastic athletics have access to our athletic training services.
- 我的孩子应该什么时候见学校护士. the athletic trainer?
- For what types of injuries does the athletic trainer contact parents?
- If my child is injured and receives treatment from a doctor, 恢复参加体育活动需要什么条件?
- When and how can a parent contact the athletic trainers?
- What is the ImPACT test?
Coverage priorities are based on the risk of injury inherent to each sport, 碰撞/接触运动优先, 其次是非接触事件. Athletic training coverage for varsity athletics occurs only during in-season dates. This includes practice coverage for most sports, all home contests and selected away contests. Athletic training coverage will include a Certified Athletic Trainer and athletic training students, when available.
由临床专家开发， ImPACT (即时脑震荡后评估和认知测试)是最广泛使用和最科学验证的计算机脑震荡评估系统. 在任何SSA学生被允许参加校际实践或竞赛之前，都要进行基线ImPACT测试. The test is administered every year for middle school students and every other year for high school students.
See the Concussion tab for more information about concussions and ImPACT testing.
Shady Side Academy requires all students in grades 6-12 to submit completed PIAA CIPPE Sections 1-7 运动形式通过马格努斯健康系统 Aug. 1 each year. Per PIAA rules, any students missing these forms may not participate in athletic practices or contests. 第7节体检表必须在6月1日之后由医生填写并签字，是学生上课的必要条件, 无论他们是否在进行九游会游戏. 访问您的马格努斯健康帐户，请登录 Veracross Parent Portal 点击马格努斯健康按钮.
The PIAA CIPPE Section 8 (家长/监护人重新认证)表必须由参加冬季和春季运动的学生提交. The parent must complete the form online in Magnus Health no sooner than six weeks from the start of the season.
The PIAA CIPPE Section 9 任何学生在提交第1-7条后需要医生治疗，必须提交(医生再认证)表. 医生必须填写并签署表格，给予学生参加九游会游戏的一般或有限的许可.
脑震荡和二次撞击综合征是学生运动员面临的两种潜在的威胁生命的风险. It is estimated that concussions are suffered by one in five high school football players each season, which, if accurate, means that more than 250,仅在这个水平上每年就会发生000次脑震荡. Some mild concussions, the so-called "bell rung" or "ding" with no loss of consciousness or post-traumatic amnesia, 会不会被教练认出来, trainers, 队友或团队医生.
- What is a concussion?
- Concussion symptoms
- ImPACT testing
- Concussion protocol
- Head and neck injuries
- Can occur during practices and/or contests in any sport.
- Can happen even if a student has not lost consciousness.
- Can be serious even if a student has just been “dinged” or “had their bell rung.”
所有的脑震荡都很严重. A concussion can affect a student’s ability to do schoolwork and other activities (such as playing video games, working on a computer, studying, driving or exercising). 大多数脑震荡的学生都会好转, but it is important to give the concussed student’s brain time to heal.
Concussions cannot be seen; however, in a potentially concussed student, one or more of the symptoms listed below may become apparent and/or that the student “doesn’t feel right” soon after, 几天后，甚至几周后受伤.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Double or blurry vision
- Bothered by light or noise
- Memory problems
科罗拉多医学协会运动医学委员会已经为运动中脑震荡的管理制定了基本的指导方针. These guidelines have reasonable application to clearance guidelines in the pre-participation physical evaluation. Although these guidelines may assist in clinical decision-making, they are not absolute and should not be substituted for the clinical judgment of the evaluating physician. If there are any questions as to the severity of past head trauma, 或者如果创伤需要颅内手术, clearance should be deferred until further records are obtained and/or neurosurgical evaluation is performed.
No athlete should be allowed to return to contact sports until proper medical evaluation is obtained. 在受伤的学生运动员完全从脑震荡后的症状中恢复之前，主治医务人员不应允许运动员恢复参加运动. 任何有迹象的球员, 与脑震荡相关的症状或行为必须从练习/比赛中去除，在得到适当的专业医疗保健人员的许可之前，不得重返比赛.
九游会真人足球中的伤害预防, coaches, 运动训练人员和医务人员应努力帮助训练运动员掌握适当的抢断技术，以便尽量减少这些损伤. 颈部加强练习对于防止快速加速/减速损伤是很重要的，因为这种损伤可能不会直接打击头部. In addition, 适当的设备及保养, including adequate helmet fit (inflation of air bladder in helmet) and shock-absorbing mouthpieces, 在预防脑震荡中是必不可少的吗. 所有的医务人员都需要被提醒，所有无意识的学生运动员都应该被怀疑颈椎受伤，直到证明不是这样. Special care to the cervical spine should always be used in transporting an unconscious player.
由该领域的先驱临床专家开发, ImPACT(即时脑震荡后评估和认知测试)是最广泛使用和最科学验证的计算机脑震荡评估系统. ImPACT为训练有素的临床医生提供神经认知评估工具和服务，这些工具和服务在医学上已被公认为最先进的最佳做法——作为决定是否安全返回游戏的一部分. 了解更多九游会真人ImPACT测试的信息.
在任何SSA学生被允许参加校际实践或竞赛之前，都要进行基线ImPACT测试. 基于专家的建议, the test is administered every year for middle school students and every other year for high school students. If the student has suffered a concussion since the most recent baseline test, a follow-up baseline test will be performed before the student's next athletic season.
疑似脑震荡应立即报告. 学生运动员遇到上述任何症状，应立即告诉他们的教练和父母. Also, if they notice a teammate evidencing such symptoms, they should immediately tell their coach.
应该对学生进行评估. 学生运动员报告或显示出任何脑震荡迹象，将被取消比赛，由体育教练进行进一步评估. Upon evaluation, 如果学生运动员通过临床评估或ImPACT结果显示出明显的脑震荡迹象/症状, he/she will be referred to a physician authorized in the management and clearance of concussed individuals. 对当前脑震荡管理非常熟悉的有执照的医生(医学博士或医学博士)应该对学生进行检查, 确定学生是否有脑震荡, and determine when the student is cleared to return to participate in interscholastic athletics.
Concussed students should give their brains time to heal. If a student has sustained a concussion, his/her brain needs time to heal. While the concussed brain is healing, the student is much more likely to have another concussion. 反复脑震荡会增加已经受到脑震荡的大脑恢复的时间，并可能会对大脑造成更多的损害. 这种破坏会产生长期的后果. 重要的是，受脑震荡的学生必须休息，并且在得到医生(医学博士或DO)对当前脑震荡管理足够熟悉的许可后才能返回赛场, and is symptom-free.
标准的学术住宿 会被SSA跟踪到, and not in place of, specific concussion accommodations are received from the physician.
九游会真人将遵循回归比赛的规程. 一旦医生同意开始治疗, a five-day, return-to-play protocol progression will be administered by the athletic trainers:
- 运动员必须在48小时内无症状, 包括学术作业在内的一天, 在开始任何运动活动之前.
- 运动员将从事低强度的活动, such as jogging, biking, 椭圆或低重量/高代表重量的举重, on the first day after being asymptomatic during academic day, for 20-30 minutes.
- If there is no return of symptoms after low-intensity activities, the athlete will engage in moderate-intensity workouts including jogging/running, biking and weight lifting.
- If there is no return of symptoms after moderate intensity workouts, the athlete may participate in high-intensity drills such as sprinting/running, 经常进行举重和非接触性运动训练.
- 成功完成这一进程, 还有医生的书面同意书, the student-athlete may return to full-contact practice. It is recommended that the student-athlete participate in a full practice prior to interscholastic game play.
如果你认为你头部或颈部受伤, or concussion, please inform the certified athletic trainer as soon as possible. The athletic trainer will coordinate any necessary follow-up care with the team physician.
- Check ABCs
- Initiate CPR if indicated. This will include appropriate removal of helmet and shoulder pads in football.
- Check and monitor vital signs including level of consciousness
- Obtain history including mechanism of injury, loss of consciousness. Examine for headache, photophobia, diplopia, dizziness, tinnitus, unsteady gait, confusion, 逆行性和/或顺行性遗忘, behavioral changes, cognitive activities, nausea and vomiting.
- 进行观察，包括寻找畸形, discoloration, swelling pupil abnormalities and facial expressions/behavior.
- Palpation of bony structures and soft tissues for swelling, deformity, point tenderness, 咯吱声和皮肤温度.
- Perform special testing. Include three word recall, serial sevens, Romberg test and coordination test as well as full upper quarter neurological screen.
- Look for other danger signs: cerebral spinal fluid from the nose/ears, continued headache, prolonged amnesia, nausea/vomiting, raccoon eyes, increase in systolic blood pressure or decrease in diastolic, speaking difficulties.
- Medical/emergency referral if there is any question with the athlete’s well being.
- 如果症状持续超过15分钟, a licensed physician must release athlete before return to play.
- Athletes who sustain a head injury may be asked to take the ImPact neuropsychological test.
- The case will be discussed and the neuropsychologist will make a return to play recommendation. The return to play recommendation will be communicated to the team physician and certified athletic trainer.
Should your child suffer a concussion or head injury, here are some guidelines to follow at home:
1.Have someone stay in the same dwelling as the injured individual.
2. Return for treatment with athletic trainer or physician.
3. If any of the following symptoms persist or worsen, seek immediate medical attention:
- Double vision
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Ringing in the ears
- Unusual drowsiness
- Very stiff neck
- Seizures or convulsions
4. Allow the individual to remain at rest during the night. 检查一下正常的呼吸模式.
To help prevent concussions, student-athletes and parents should do the following:
使用适当的防护设备. Every sport is different, but there are steps student-athletes can take to protect themselves. Always use the proper sports equipment, including personal protective equipment. For equipment to properly protect a student, it must be:
- The right equipment for the sport, position or activity
- Follow the coach’s rules for safety and the rules of the sport
Educate yourself about concussions. 根据PIAA指南, 所有家长和学生都必须阅读并签署CIPPE手册中的“脑震荡和创伤性脑损伤风险理解”部分. In addition, 根据PA州法律, all Shady Side coaches (including volunteers) are required to complete concussion education training.
Get tested. 所有SSA学生运动员都需要进行基线冲击脑震荡测试，才有资格参加体育比赛. 如果怀疑有脑震荡, a post-injury ImPACT test is given by a licensed healthcare provider, and results are compared to the baseline test to help assess the injury.
- PIAA Handbook
- 运动营养便览 来自全国大学体育协会, Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition and the the Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association
The Shady Side Academy athletic training staff welcomes you to our campus.
The athletic training room, 位于咖喱体育馆或麦克奈特曲棍球中心, will open one hour prior to warm ups for any taping needs. A certified athletic trainer will be present on the sidelines of the game.
- Please bring a medical kit for any taping needs for your athletes.
- Water will be provided for all basketball, tennis, cross country and track events. 请自带杯子/瓶子.
- Ice will be available on the sidelines, court side or at the finish line.